We find that:
The most rapidly vanishing resources on Earth are Peace and Quiet. Our creation of noise deprives ourselves and others of Peace and Quiet.
We pledge to whenever possible:
- Speak calmly rather than shout.
- Use a lawn rake rather than a leaf blower.
- Use a push mower rather than a power lawn mower.
- Shoot a camera rather than a gun.
- Walk or bike rather than drive a motor vehicle.
- Ski or snowshoe rather than ride a snowmobile.
- Sail rather than use a power boat
- Paddle rather than use a jet-ski.
- Observe and experience Earth’s wonders firsthand rather than from an airplane or helicopter.
We pledge to support decisions that:
- Favor nonmotorized uses of public lands, skies and waters.
- Provide safe, nonmotorized alternative routes to public highways.
- Favor public transportation over the proliferation of automobiles and asphalt.
Logging road landslide into Sullivan Creek bull trout habitat!
Keith Hammer photo.